Tamron launches its first high-power zoom lens for Micro Four Thirds cameras20 June 2014
14-150mm F/3.5-5.8 Di III (Model C001)
High-performance zoom lens in a compact body with high-grade metal finish.
June 19, 2014, Saitama, Japan – Tamron Co., Ltd. (President & CEO: Morio Ono Headquarters: Saitama City, Japan), a leading manufacturer of optical equipment launches its first high-power zoom lens designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless interchangeable-lens cameras.
For the past 22 years since Tamron released to the market an extremely practical high-power zoom lens (28-200mm Model 71D) in 1992, the company has endeavored to continually develop high-power zoom lenses. By actively using its long-cultivated technology, Tamron has successfully developed an epoch-making compact and stylish, high-power all-in-one zoom lens that will further accelerate the attractiveness of the Micro Four Thirds cameras in the market.
14-150mm F/3.5-5.8 Di III
Date of Launch
June 26, 2014
* When the development of this model was originally announced in January 2013, the lens was slated to feature built-in VC (Vibration Compensation). However, a series of deliberations and discussions over the course of the development process resulted in the removal of VC functionality.
- Employing one LD (Low Dispersion) glass element, two AD (Anomalous Dispersion) glass elements two Molded-Glass Aspherical elements and one Hybrid Aspherical element, Tamron’s new Micro Four Thirds high-power all-in-one zoom lens delivers leading-edge image quality by reducing aberrations to a bare minimum.
- The ingenious optical design achieves a compact body with a filter diameter of just 52mm.
- A stepping motor that is optimized to match this model provides silent, quick and accurate auto focusing.
- The metal lens barrel exterior is available in two colors: black and silver, providing the most popular color options to match high end cameras.
*1 Using a circular diaphragm*1, this lens achieves spectacular background blur effects.
- Model ：C001
- Focal Length ：14-150mm (equivalent to 28-300mm in the 35mm /
- full-frame format)
- Maximum Aperture ：F/3.5-5.8
- Angle of View (diagonal) ：75°22’ ~ 8°15’ *¹
- Lens Construction ：17 elements in 13 groups
- Minimum Focus Distance ：0.5m (19.7in)
- Maximum Magnification Ratio ：1:3.8 (at f=150mm: MFD 0.5m)
- Filter Size ：Ø52mm
- Length*² ：80.4mm (3.2in)
- Diameter ：Ø63.5mm
- Weight ：285g (10.1oz)
- Diaphragm Blade Number ：7 (Circular diaphragm)
- Minimum Aperture ：F/22
- Standard Accessory ：Flower-shaped lens hood
- Compatible Mount ：Micro Four Thirds
Specifications, appearance, functionality, etc. may be changed without prior notice.
*1 Case of aspect ratio “4:3”
*2 Length is the distance between the front tip of the lens and the mount face.
This product conforms to the “Micro Four Thirds System Standard” established by Olympus Imaging Corporation and Panasonic Corporation.
Micro Four Thirdsä and the Micro Four Thirds logo marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Olympus Imaging Corporation, in Japan, the United States, the European Union and other countries.
The company names and product names in this document are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
About the stepping motor
The stepping motor’s actuator allows finely tuned control of angular rotation, and since it drives the focusing mechanism directly without an intermediate reduction gear, it also provides superbly quiet performance.
About TAMRON Co., Ltd
“New Eyes for Industry” is Tamron’s philosophy. This creed is consistent with the company’s position as a comprehensive manufacturer of a wide range of original optical products, from interchangeable lenses for SLR cameras to various optical devices for both the general consumer and OEM. Tamron makes optical products that contribute to a range of different industries and will continue to devote its rich creativity and leading-edge technical prowess to various industrial fields. Furthermore, Tamron is fully aware of its responsibility to the environment and aspires to help preserve the natural environment in all of its business activities.
Optical Product Line-up:
Interchangeable lenses for SLR cameras, digital camera lenses, video camera lenses, lenses for automotive applications, CCTV and IP lenses, lenses for long wavelength infrared cameras, ultra-precision optical components and more.